Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 1, I think.

OK, I thought yesterday was Day 1. I got up IN THE MORNING and went to yoga. 6 (SIX) am! The last time I got up this early was to catch a flight to Spain, so I was motivated for that. Seriously. I am nooooo morning person. But I wanted to start the first day right, and I had meetings booked from 4-7, so I'd miss the 6:30 pm (my regular time, when I go twice a week) practice. Anyway, I learned a few things:
1. Many people get up that early.
2. Yoga is something I can do in the morning! Yea!
3. I did not crash in the afternoon. A few yawns, nothing different than, say, Mexican food for lunch. Double yea!

So at 8pm, my FINAL meeting of the day, I went back to the studio for the first meeting, where we met each other (about 25 of us) and our leader, Angela, who is the owner of Yogasport and an amazing yoga teacher. The meeting went like this:
Introductions
Overview of the program - yoga practice (4-5 in the studio/1-2 at home), nutrition (log my meals), meditation (5 minutes per day), and journaling
Small group share
Weekly accountability statement (Mine is: Be more present when I'm at home.)
Go home and be ready to begin day 1 - aka- the NEXT day! Wha? (oh well...the morning yoga was still a good idea, and I'm going to try again on Friday)

We all pledge confidentiality to the group, which is great. It's a safe place to share, and I like the small group situation so far. Kickboxing in a gym class is pretty anonymous, so it'll be a change to work out "with people," if that makes sense. I left feeling energized and excited and ready to start the real Day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment