Sunday, January 31, 2010

Days 2-4

Day 2
I love it when the lite plate in the school cafeteria is enchiladas, rice, and beans. :) SCORE! Had an orange with my coffee this morning. I've been trying to buy more fruit, and it's easy to grab one on my way out the door.

I tried yoga at home today, setting my timer for 20 minutes, thinking I'd get bored, and I ended up doing 60 minutes. It went well, and I'm surprised that I remember that much from the studio classes.

My husband, Todd, made dinner - yummy chicken bruschetta and corn on the cob, and he even made it a little extra healthy by using egg substitutes.

No meditation...I just can't even get myself to sit still for it.

Day 3
Let me just say that I'm so glad the counselors put coffee on every morning. Some days, their coffee pot is like a beacon of heaven. Ok, today had another orange for breakfast. I started peeling it right when kids were walking into my room, and so many of them commented on how good the room smelled because of it. So does the room smell bad otherwise? Too bad candles are a fire hazard. And plug-ins. I need one of those oil & stick thingys.

So we always go out for lunch on Friday's, and even though it was crazy cold out (supposed to snow!), we headed for La Madeleine. I had the regular chicken caesar, 1/2 of tomato basil soup, and 2 pieces of 7 grain bread with blackberry preserves. And a water. Trying to drink more of it. :)

Todd and I planned a fun date night around what we wanted to eat. We both felt like sushi, so we looked online to find the most awesome thing! Abacus (a favorite special occasion place of ours) does 1/2 price sushi after 9pm on Fridays! So here's what we did: Happy hour at Mi Cocina - chips and queso and margaritas, followed by martinis and sushi at Abacus. It was scrumptious. I mean, YUM. We are building it into our weekend events from now on. A couple of our friends met us there, and we ended the night with some Band Hero at our place. Who doesn't love a Friday night like that. And IT SNOWED! :)

Day 4
Saturday morning, I went to the 10:30 yoga class. Whew! I'm already feeling it.

Todd needed to stop by Sprint to fix his phone, so I did a little Mockinbird Station shopping and found a pretty cable-knit pillow cover for our couch at West Elm. Great sale!

Then Todd and I went to Northpark for some La Duni brunch. I gave in to the bread budding with bananas and berries. Holy cow, it was s o  g o o d. It came with bacon, which I tried to sub for eggs, but they were going to charge me $3, so I stuck with the bacon. I hardly ever eat bacon, so I enjoyed every bite! and I had 2 servings of salsa with chips. Their bowls are tiny...it was more like 1/3 a bowl anywhere else. No regrets!

We saw The Book of Eli-- what a good movie! Everyone should see it. I want to get my Bible out and read it all the time now. Seriously. Go see it.

No meditation thus far. How do you do this? I think I need the book Angela recommended - Three Minute Meditations. I can't even do 1 minute. What's up? I need the secret to this part of the yoga practice. Tell me, someone!

2 comments:

  1. Rina, you are doing great! I'll have to look back at your journal when I start this class. In terms of meditation, I think about one thing/place/event that has impacted me that day/week etc. Then I think about what lead up to that thing/place/event which usually ends up leading me to the HS. I think about how HS moves me and lil' by lil' I become perfectly still and find myself in the most peaceful place just like at the end of yoga class. Hope this helps.
    Ines :)

    ReplyDelete