Monday, February 22, 2010

Days 21-26

YOW.
Fruit fast.
3 (T H R E E) days of fruit?
ONLY fruit?
What?
Well, ok. I love fruit. This will be easy.

OK, I love fruit for breakfast and as a side dish for lunch.
I do NOT love fruit for dinner. How the h-e-double hockey sticks do I do this?

So at our meeting we talked about different ways to fix fruit. AND that anything with a seed inside of it is considered a fruit for this fruit fast. So I left deciding to splurge at Whole Foods. Might as well get the good stuff!

1. Make "guacamole" with avacado, tomato, and lime juice. I added pepper, and it wasn't bad. I missed the salt and garlic and onion and cilantro, but I was so happy to be eating something other than an apple, orange, or banana (that day's lunch), that the "guac" was welcome in my belly. Used cucumbers as my "chips." It was ok.

2. Grill bell peppers, zucchini, & squash with some olive oil. This warm yummy meal SAVED me on days 1 and 2.

3. Make a soup with butternut squash. Sounds so good, but I didn't know how to do this one.

By day 3 I was doing all right. I had a fruit salad at the mall on day 3 (we took the kids to see The Lightning Thief, and I picked every item with a seed inside it for my Snappy Salad in the food court. Without dressing, it was surprisingly tasty! It had cranberries, mandarin oranges, cucumber, banana peppers, apples, currants, raisins, grapes, pears, ...seriously, anything with a seed or obviously a fruit went into my bowl. I was not missing out on any sort of sustenance!

I did yoga in the middle of those days and found myself a little light headed. They said to take it easy when it got hard, and I took advantage of child's pose several times, which is unusual for me. Nevertheless, I survived!

Since then I have noticed that I don't WANT anything heavy. It has only been 3 days, but I liked how light I felt that the idea of super heavy foods is a turn off.

Now, remember the La Duni bread pudding for breakfast? You bet I had that the next morning. It's topped with fruit! (and comes with bacon but hello! I deserved those yummy salty slices of meat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment