Monday, February 8, 2010

Days 9-12

Day 9
I did it! I went to 6am yoga, AND I did a HAND stand (with teacher assistance), and it was amazing. I was thinking about how scary it was at first, and then I started thinking positive thoughts. "I am so strong! I am holding my whole body up with my arms. The world is not so intimidating upside down. Actually, it's a little comical." Then I landed right side up, back on my feet, and I gave a little chuckle over the joy of doing a hand stand. Remember when you were a kid and did hand stands all the time? And you'd fall and you'd do another one and fall and do another one? Seriously! (actually, not serious at all, huh? but fun and lighthearted and without care....)
Meditation - 15 minutes - check!

Day 10
Todd and I have invested in a cleaning lady once a month, and we LOVE her. Really, for a low price per month, we get to leave and have breakfast together (or go to our separate gyms for a work out - this week it was breakfast at Lucky's), and then come home to our beautifully cleaned, dusted, vacuumed, condominium. It's lovely. That alone is joy and happiness in my book.

Tonight we went to a baby shower for friends who are due in 20 days! So, I ate baby shower appetizers, baby shower sandwiches, baby shower cake, and a baby shower fruit tarte (it deserves the "e" on the end because it was quite fancy). I also had baby shower wine and baby shower coffee. Hey, when in Rome!

I did have oatmeal, eggs, and bacon for breakfast, and I'm good at stopping when I'm full. I had half of the eggs and half of the bacon. I love oatmeal, and one of my favorite breakfast things to do is search around Dallas for yummy oatmeal. Dream Cafe has good oatmeal and Corner Bakery's is tasty. Breadwinners is a winner for sure, and I also like La Duni's Bread Pudding (wait, that's not oatmeal). Oatmeal reminds me of my Grandmother, and that is what I would label as "wholesome."


Meditation - check!


Day 11
Yoga at 9 am, followed by another "wholesome" meal at Damon's Cajun Soulfood Cafe (it's at Abrams and 360 for all of you Arlington residers.) This sweet family cooks up a meal that you will remember. Mom wanted to have her birthday lunch with some shrimp etouffee and fried catfish, so we enjoyed a delicious meal at this quaint little place. Please visit if you're in the mood for some cajun cooking! Or peach cobbler....oh, love.

On Sundays, we participate in the music liturgy at our church. Todd plays percussion and I sing (and occasionally play the flute). Todd stayed home to watch all of the Superbowl in real time, but usually we both make it if we are in town. It's one of the highlights of my weekend. Today, the Psalm was just beautiful, and I got to sing the harmony (my favorite part) to our new cantor, Allie! She has a gorgeous voice and a lively spirit. :) Cheers to you, Allie J!

ps- Go Saints! We hosted some friends for the game, and Todd grilled burgers and dogs. Yum! And I'm just SO happy for New Orleans. What a special city.


No meditation - Can I count Mass?


Day 12 
Monday.
Aaaaah!
I am STILL working, and it's past midnight. No yoga, no meditation, no breakfast, and I had a burger for dinner. At least lunch was healthy: turkey sandwich, no cheese, grapes, and smartfood popcorn or whatever that black bag brand is - it's good, so what evs. :)
Tomorrow I go to Austin with my team of teachers. 3 of us are presenting at the TCEA (technology conference for educators). We all ran around like chickens with our heads cut off today. I was there until 8pm. Then I got home, ate the YUMMY yet non-healthy burger (with cheese; may as well) and then continued to munch on white fudge dipped pretzels and chips (sun chips, but still). Oh well. Here I am writing. I still need to write a How-to sheet for our presentation, pack, and sleep. And how shall I do yoga while I'm in Austin? Now there's a challenge. This 40 Day thing is perfectly timed.

Yes, I'm bringing my yoga mat with me.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Rina! If there's anything Austin is good at, it's inspiring the yoga-y lifestyle! It's funny that you mentioned the pretzels...I have an issue with dipping pretzels in Nutella...holy moly! You're doing AWESOME!

    Aleisha:)

    ReplyDelete