Saturday, February 27, 2010

Days 27-30

Hola!
Firstly, some fashion...I bought a dress from Ann Taylor Loft today. Super cute! It is a fun slate color and I grabbed some ribbed navy tights to wear with my suede grey Steve Madden Booties. Maybe add a scarf or a long sleeve tee or turtleneck for school on these crazy cold days. Of course it's 63 today, but it's back to the 30s soon. It might also be my Easter dress. I love dresses. Yes, I do. So much that I also bought a perfect strapless dress at Banana Republic today too. :) 2 dresses. Gray ones. On sale! YES! I paid under $40 for each. I'm totally wearing the Banana one to Spring Awakening at the new Winspear Opera House next month. So sleek and classic... with a fun necklace or some pearls...I LOVE!

PS- guess who was once in Spring Awakening...Rachel from Glee!

Now for the yoga update. I have been swamped this week and hate to admit that I did zero yoga this week (M-F). boo me. I have still been eating pretty well. In fact, I kind of crave fruits now. So I guess the fruit fast has helped with that. I did do 90 minutes of yoga with Janie today (fave instructor at Yogasport). Man it was hard. But it was so good. I felt quite relaxed (well, as relaxed as sweating like crazy and shaking muscles can feel) and really focused today. Mostly because I missed the yoga this week. Meditation is non-existent as well. I just read something about how prayer should be time spent in quiet, listening for God. It is Lent. That would be a great thing to think about right now. So, Todd and I bought a bible study for couples. The Marriage You've Always Wanted. :) And short lessons will be easier to fit into the weekly schedule. I have a feeling that this next Masters class is going to keep me up late most days.

Since '98, my last year at A&M, I've been exercising in some form. I've found that I'm one to think about working out every day. Yep, every day, the thought goes through my head about when I'm going to get to the gym, what class I'll take, or if I'll scratch the gym and go for a run on Katy Trail. Whether I make it or not just depends on the day. Sometimes I get too busy, sometimes I skip it, sometimes I would rather go to happy hour. So do I feel the guilt? If I worked out the previous day, then no guilt. Otherwise, yes, a little bit. Really, I just miss it when I can't make it.

Back to clothing! My in-laws went to Vancouver with some friends for the Olympics and brought back some souvenirs for us. Here's my current favorite jacket right now (literally, because I'm wearing it RIGHT NOW). I wear it all the time. And the popular red mittens are SO warm! Plus it's just fun to wear mittens. Thank you, John and Jody!

No comments:

Post a Comment