Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Project 21 - Day 3

I made it to the 5:00 class! It was great. Hard, but really, I wish the whole day felt like I felt after that class. Happy and amazed that I could push myself into a triangle twist with both arms lifted and my heart shining up.




OK, so I decided to tackle a new recipe tonight. I got a Williams-Sonoma Salad cookbook from a friend at work (thank you!) and found a chicken and orzo salad. It's actually the first recipe for me to try from this book (as well as the first recipe listed IN the book), and I've had it a while (I won't say how long). Anyway, it calls for cherry tomatoes and baby spinach, so I thought it sounded tasty and healthy. Yum! Plus cherry tomatoes (the super sized ones) were on sale at Newflower Farmers Market. Look at them! Don't they look so good? I put a cutie orange next to them to show some scale. (And yes, I took these photos...with my phone...and uploaded them to my laptop via Bluetooth. Call me a techie!) I ate two of them while I was cooking and saved a few for lunch tomorrow. I also used Organic Girl's Baby Spinach, which boasts being "washed three times so you don't have to." OK. I guess we'll find out how Todd and I feel tomorrow because I didn't wash them, and it seemed to turn out alright, even though everything in my head about fresh spinach said, "Just wash them! Remember the e-coli outbreak?" (Was it even e-coli? I'd have to look that up. I just remember something about spinach and another thing about peanut butter. Back to the recipe. All you have to do is cook the orzo, add a pesto vinaigrette dressing that is super easy to whisk together, and then toss the ingredients together, and voila! An orzo and chicken salad adorns your dinner table.

It was delicious! We both liked it. The pesto was even just pesto in a jar, which is not my first choice, however, it was also on sale and was quite YUM. (W-S recommends pesto in plastic containers on the shelf, which are homemade [and I'm sure very obviously more fresh and  tasty than the jar we bought (really?). OK, maybe more fresh, but our jar was again, quite tasty! I'm all for fresh food; don't get me wrong.])

I will be bringing leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Now, while I'm on an uploading kick, check out this photo of me in our nephew's new go-cart. Yes, they get all kinds of cool toys. And here's one of Todd. We had fun riding in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment