Monday, July 26, 2010

Fridge Space

I recently reorganized our fridge front space - you know, the magnetic space upon which you adorn the refrigerator with announcements, cut-outs from magazines, invitations, and the occasional note to self. [Our note to self right now is the phone number to a karaoke cab. Oh yes. You can call this cab driver to pick up your party of friends and have full-blown karaoke entertainment while you travel to your destination. How awesome is that? It's on a sticky note on our fridge, just in case we feel a cab ride is necessary and we are itchin' to sing a little Bon Jovi or Jesse's Girl. Two birds with one stone, right?]

So the fridge space is now organized. In general, the top half of the fridge is for announcements, while the bottom half is for invitations. At this moment we have 9 baby announcements, 2 save the dates for weddings, a Valentine's Day postcard, an baby shower invitation, a wedding shower invitation, and a one year old birthday party invitation. And we have a page from my recent Shape magazine about "healthy cheeses." We got 2 baby announcements today, so I had to bump one that is a year old already, as well as a wedding invitation that has passed. There IS a save the date up past their wedding day (different couple) because their photo is so cute. I decided that if there's a photo of our friends on it, it gets more fridge time. Their wedding invite has already been moved to make room for something else. Does anyone else do this, or is it just me? We love the photos of family events! I especially love how it's one piece of real mail that does not seem to have given in to the digital announcement options that we have. Thank you for not announcing on Facebook or through email or an e-card. I mean, not that I don't like the pics and posts on FB, but I love opening mail to see a new little baby and his or her measurements, or a photo of friends who are engaged, or a family photo on a Valentine's card. Plus it's kind of an honor to have made that mail-out list! The least we can do is magnetize it to the fridge for a year.

Today's work out:
Ok, I went to a S.E.T. class at 24 Hour Fitness today. I'm trying to mix in a little strength training with the yoga. I think S.E.T. stands for Strength Endurance Training. For this class, you need a step, a barbell with weights (enough for squats, lunges, and then adjustable for triceps, biceps, & back), light hand weights, heavy hand weights, and a mat for crunches or push-ups. It's a total body sculpting class with cardio. It was 60 minutes and oh, so challenging! I'm glad I went. I can already feel it in my glutes and triceps. Yow.

I also went to Central Market to grocery shop. Todd and I are not the best...ok, we are terrible... grocery shoppers. I don't know what it is...we just don't enjoy it. I usually go, especially in the summers because I don't have that work thing getting even more in the way of something like buying food for us to eat. Jeez, you'd think our priorities would get us to the store. Since shopping at Central Market is somewhat fun, although it is more expensive than some places, it is still LESS expensive for us than eating out. I know. It's a little embarrassing. Bonus today was getting our Fourth Course coupons for Restaurant Week! Yea! I also added a dinner menu to our Google Calendar to help me with groceries and to (maybe) coax us into staying in for dinner rather than eating out. After today's jaunt we now have food for the week, at about the same price as a late night at Abacus for their half-price sushi in the bar. (SO good - 1/2 price after 9 pm, Mon-Fri)
We had meatloaf, potatoes, green beans, guacamole, and bread with olive oil for dinner. We are stuffed! We also have leftover mini-bundt cakes from Marna's bday dinner Saturday night. (Nothing Bundt Cakes - $16.95 for a dozen perfect little treats). Stuffed, I say! We are blessed.

By the way, I bought the boots :)

1 comment: